Thursday, October 9, 2008

April 29....

April 29,2005..it was the last day for the application of combined first-second semester university examination.I was in chennai then ,enjoying the vacation...not knowing anything about this.And the same day evening ,got a call from my uncle saying that last date of application was that day...you can just imagine my state of mind then...He said I can apply in the university till may 10 ,but I wanted to reach thrissur as early as possible but had to wait till next day evening..because chennai-trivandrum mail starts everyday evening at 6.30 pm from chennai central.I am very thankful to my friends Anoop M K and Abeesh for contacting my uncle and telling him about his.They tried on our landline at kottayam but there was no one there...I am thankful to myself also..:)..that I gave my uncles number also to my friends and wondering why I didn't give the chennai number..I was not having a mobile phone at that time...

So I started next evening and was in the General compartment .....vacation time....no need of imagination to know about the situation I was in...

Actually I took the ticket to kottayam..That was another mistake..because I had my application filled and attested and kept in my house...but I could have got it from college itself..:(..

So by 8.30 am..I reached kottayam..Then..one hour journey to my place and got the attested application form and then one hour journey back to railway station and then straight to Thrissur..I stayed in my hostel "THOMSON" alone and issue was not sorted out..Now its the question whether i need to go to calicut?

Next day morning I went to office and i was told there is another date on which they will accept with fine...But its May 5...it was not possible for me to stay there until then..Then I saw jayakrishnan from Civil and he was staying in hostel for the study leave somewhere in viyyur..I told him about my situation and he said he can do it for me...Thus problem got sorted out by May 1 noon and then its the wait for the train back to chennai...I got allepey-chennai at 6.50pm and reached chennai next day morning.....and again in the general compartment the whole night..

Thus in the span of 60 hours...635+30+135+500=1300 kilometres...oh!!just can't imagine the physical and mental stress I endured..

No comments: