Tuesday, August 26, 2008

RADIO.....why are you like this?

It happened some years back.There was an old radio in the corner of my room.One day accidently found that It is looking at me!!!!.I just confirmed it by looking it again.Yeah,its looking at me.It was day time and there was someone in the room and i choose not to speak to it then.At night,I went to it and asked "do you know me?".It was still staring at me.(pls dont think that I am abnormal.There is proof that I am normal that I didnt speak infront of any person.I write here because I may forget it later.):).
coming back,radio was still staring at me and replied nothing.It gave an expression that it knows me.I decided to make it speak somehow.I decided to buy a battery next day.
Next day I bought a battery and didnt tell anyone about it.At night I took the radio and put the battery in it..[not only battery,but some repair work with external help] yes!!!its speaking.I just started hearing whatever it say and when I wanted to say something I switched it off and told.
We didnt speak in the daytime.I chose to speak in the night without making others know about it.Thus we became good friends atleast for me.
It didnt tell anything which I wanted to know.ie something which someone shares with a true friend.But I shared all with it.It didnt comfort me or support me in my sorrows but I felt I had a more light weighted heart after speaking to it.But it was speaking to me something.its voice was enough for me to forget my sorrows.
On day time,it was looking at me.I just chose not to speak because of 'other people considerations'.
one day when I was looking at it I heard a voice from behind "why are you looking at it,it wont work for you?'
My mother said.I just looked at her with a 'why?' expression.May be knowing that she continued jokingly"its older than[ even ]you".I wished to say loudly "it worked".I didnt tell because I was not sure whether it was working for me.

During my initial days of friendship with it some 'aakrikachavadakkaran came' and they all decided to sell it.But I resisted with such an intensity that made others not to sell it and making them know about my affection to it.I dont know why I resisted like that,may be it has become a part of my routine.
Even after years I use to speak to the radio and hear from it.But still we are not friends ...."It is my friend and I am not its friend"


Inspiration:'Chronic Bachelor'(malayalam film)

2 comments:

Swift! said...

have you read 'john cheever's' short story, "the enormous radio"?
worth reading for you :-)

VIPIN said...

no..i didnt read...y u said so?